> I'm writing you because I'm writing my thesis with Lyx, but I have a
> problem.  In the thesis I have to write lots of "long" formulas. The
> problem is that this formulas are so long that are going out of the right
> border of the compiled page.
>
> I don't know if this is a feature lacking from Lyx or I'm just not able
> to find an easy (and elegant) solution to this problem. In the attached
> files there is an example of the problem.  The first formula is what I
> need to write. In the second part I "simulated" what should be the
> desired result.

You could call this a feature lacking from LaTeX if you want, but as far as
I know it was left out by design.

In order to correctly break long formulae into several lines you need
do understand what the formula is supposed to express and doing that
_automatically_ is almost impossible. So LaTeX prefers not to do it at all
instead of making bad guesses.

Andre'

--