On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:23:54PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > Because of the format changes? Why do they care about that? Larger LyX
> > files?
>
> Interoperability. You cannot upgrade as long as a single member in the
> team is using 1.1.5. And upgrading out of sync with the one-year-general-
> distribution-upgrade-cycle is usually not an option for "ordinary users" in
> restricted environments.  So a lag of a year or two is "normal".

this is one reason why we need lyxfile converters, probably as an external script
of some language, that work both ways. Surely it can't be that hard.

(Things would be easier if we had an XML format here ...)

john

--
"I have been a soreheaded occupant of a file drawer labeled 'Science Fiction' ...
 and I would like out, particularly since so many serious critics regularly