Michael Schmitt wrote:

> when opening template "letter.sty" (among other), I get some strange
> console messages:

i suppose it's letter.lyx ... ;-)

> LyX: Unknown tag `Latex' [around line 77 of file
> ~/Programme/lyx-1.2.0cvs-sol/share/lyx/layouts/stdletter.inc]
> LyX: Unknown layout tag `Latex' [around line 78 of file
> ~/Programme/lyx-1.2.0cvs-sol/share/lyx/layouts/stdletter.inc]

as the message said the problem is in stdletter.inc
all paragraph-layouts with

   LabelFont
    Series              Bold
    Shape               Italic
    Latex               Latex
  EndFont

are not correctly translated into the new 1.2.0 layout, means
the line

    Latex               Latex

is not correct ignored! all layouts behind the first one with
this font definition are missing.

so there are two ways:
1. revise all layout-files in layouts/*
2. let lyx ignore sich lines, when opening the layout

Herbert

--
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/