On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:34:05PM +0100, Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 03:03:40PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> >
> > You have to know the current language at this point of the document.
>
>   Now I know the language of the document....
>   How many ways there are to declare a local language?
>   Be it a paragraph or a chunck of text...

1. Change the language for the whole paragraph:
   \selectlanguage{french}
This should be translated to \lang french in the lyx file

2. Change the language for few words
   This is English \foreignlanguage{french}{This is French} Also English
This should be translated to
\lang french
This is French
\lang english

3. The \L and \R commands for Hebrew files.
 - \L{text} is a shortcut to \foreignlanguage{english}{text}
 - \R{text} is a shortcut to \foreignlanguage{hebrew}{text}