On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 07:04:56PM +0300, Baruch Even wrote:
> > Note that convert can do all these transformation.
> > Also, if you are planing to use convert (which give you no library dependency),
> > then use it with pipes, e.g. convert file.gif xpm:-
>
> netpbm can do it also and can also do pipes.

I think that you can support only ImageMagick (at least at first) since
1) It is installed on most machines.
2) I don't know if netpbm can do what we need (for example, it seems that
pstopnm do not work on EPS files).
3) If only netpbm is installed, it is still possible to write a shell script
named 'convert' that will imitate the ImageMagick convert command using the
netpbm commands.