On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:25:23AM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > The amsmath align environment can have more than 2 columns:
> > \begin{align}
> > 1 & 2 & 3 & 4\\
> > 5 & 6 & 7 & 8
> > \end{align}
> >
> > Is it hard to add support for this ?
>
> Well, it would break mutate() in its current incarnation. The parser is the
> smaller problem I think...

Also note that on screen, there should be a space between the 2nd and the
3rd column:

 1 2   3 4
 5 6   7 8

Anyway, this can wait after 1.2.0. It is more important to fix bugs first.

While we are on this subject, lyx should support all amsmath environments
(alignat, split etc.), and commands (\underleftarrow, \xleftarrow, \iint,
\overset, \substack etc.).
And finally, lyx should support horizontal/vertical lines in arrays.