On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:22:21AM +0200, ben wrote:
> John Weiss a écrit :
>
> > Once we do design an XML-based LyX format, I suggest we document the
> > format using XSL.  There's no magic around XSL:  it's just an XML
> > document that uses a format designed for defining other XML formats.
> > I'll even volunteer to work on it (I'd like to improve my XML skills).
>

> Your XSL definition is too restricted: you can do any transformation

Of course it's restricted!  There's waaaay to much hype around
XML/XSL, too much misunderstanding.  I can't really point out that
"XSL really isn't as bad as you think" if I whomp everyone over the
head with a full-blown, complicated description of everything XSL
does.  Better to start with a description of what it can do *for*
*us*!

After all, that's what really matters.

--
John Weiss

"Not through coercion.  Not by force.  But by compassion.  By
affection.  And, a small fish."  -His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama