On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Ronny Buchmann wrote:

> > does anybody know whether the rpm files for development snapshots provided
> > by Kayvan can also be applied safely to a Suse system? AFAIK there are
> > some differences between the various distributions and the rpms are
> > primarily made for Redhat.

> i think they work for suse, too, since its still rpm-3, isnt it?
> but use also kayvans xforms rpm

Indeed, the RPM version should be no problem. But how about, e.g., the
right directory settings for installation? IIRC there was some discussion
about this issue recently because Redhat has changed their directory
structure from 6.4 to 7.1 (I hope I don't mix things here).

Michael

Michael Schmitt                            phone:     +49 451 500 3725
Institute for Telematics                   secretary: +49 451 500 3721
Medical University of Luebeck              fax:       +49 451 500 3722
Ratzeburger Allee 160              eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-23538 Luebeck, Germany           WWW:   http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de