On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:00:43PM +1200, Michael Koziarski wrote:

[...]
> I'm not a hard-core LaTeXer so I don't know how suitable a maintainer I'd
> be.  If the bugs are explained in detail I should be able to fix them, but
> bug reports relying on detailed knowledge of TeX will go unfixed. :/
>
> The perl style is different to mine so if I *did* take over maintenance I'd
> have to spend a while restructuring it so I feel at home.   If there are
> more python programmers I think that that 'refactor' time could be better
> spent rewriting reLyx in python (classes and functions should map over
> rather simply).  What are people's thoughts on this?

  As Amir already said it is not only reLyX that needs to be translated if
we ever decide to do this but also the TeX perl module, and that means lots
of work...

> I think we should start centralising the reLyx problems, Amir's mailbox
> sounds like the place to start and from there decide whether reLyx should
> remain in perl or be changed to python.

  I prefer python, but as I don't see it as a plausible task to replace perl
by python due to the work involved. If there was such a good python parser
for TeX, on the other hand....

--
José