On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:12:14PM +0300, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> This is still problematic:
> You cannot create a single (latex) { or a single }.

They have to be balanced anyway, so why should one be able to insert a
single one?  For this trick to "comment out" parts of a formula?
It will get read back as a "ScopeInset" anyway... I think the situation is
similar to ERT outside mathed. Not every hack that was possible in 1.1.6
can live in documents with a more rigid structure.

And we want that rigid structure, because it enables us to read things like
\over, \choose and \cal properly - which I value much higher.

> Furthermore, why did you change the behavior of the { key ?

For the sake of consistency:
You want a \{ in the output? - You have to type \{ in the input.

> Users who don't know latex expects the { key to produce  (latex) \{,

Other users would expect green clouds coming out of the fan...

> Furthermore, in lyx, (latex) \{ is more common than {, so it should have a
> shorter binding.

Uuuh... and 'and' is more common then '@', so it should have a shorter
binding, too?

Andre'