On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:17:40AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Here is what I propose:
>
> 1/ store the owning paragraph in any inset (a par_owner_ member in
> Inset class). This is very easy and safe to do in
> Paragraph::Pimpl::insertInset, as far as I can see. Then one would
> just have torecover the position in the paragraph by scanning the
> paragraph. Storing also the pos of the paragraph in the inset is
> possible too, but means too much maintainance work IMO.

Why can't the workwidth be passed down the inset hierarchy as an additional
parameter when drawing? (or, better, packed together with all other
drawing parameters packed into some 'struct DrawInfo' - this may even speed
up drwing since less arguments have to be pushed and popped all the time)

I really don't like the "owner_" stuff used all over the place in the
outside world since this assumes that some "lower" structure knows
something about some structure "above". This does not only break
encapsulation (we have some compile time problem, haven't we?), but results
in a very fragile architecture, too.

Andre'

--