On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Allan Rae wrote:
>
> > SuperDOS (er... I mean Windows) apps the lot of them.  We should file
> > bug reports to Microsoft to fix their buggy implementation ;-)
>
> FYI Mozilla and JBuilder are both cross platform, and runs natively on
> Linux, Windows, and what not. I would think Java attempts to be cross-
> platform as well.
> I'll also bet you 10 kroner that KDE/Qt does it the same way.

Of course they would, since KDE/Qt is reimplementing the design flaws
of Windows on Unix   :-D

(ooh, ooh I can feel the flames rising already
 burn baby burn, disco inferno, hahahahahahahaha)

Can someone explain to me in words of one syllable or less why it is a
good thing not to deselect after someone has issued a copied command?

This just seems totally dumb to me.  Okay, so you'll probably suggest
the ability to extend the selection but I think you'll find you are
opening a can of worms if you simply comment out the deselection code
that JMarc suggested because there were redraw problems that sparked
that deselection in the first place.

> > No, LyX does it too!
>
> He, he. Nice try.

Almost got you.

> > > I propose that we have an option for this.
> >
> > Would you like fries with that?
>
> Twister fries to go, please.

Hmmm... no twister fires just onion rings, thin fries or regular
English(?) fat chips.

Allan. (ARRae)