On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:

> > think the best way is to produce a different program from
> > only a subset of the Noteedit source files. This has 3 advantages:

Unfortunately, I promised too much. Examining the source I determined it is
very complicated to extract a subset of files.

> This would be great. Then in LyX, we could try to provide an option to
> choose between Lilypond or MusixTex format, and let the user decide if
> they want beautiful music at the cost of installation trouble and long
> rendering times, or just quick'n'dirty music from MusixTex.

Perhaps I can provide the extraction later. Till now, I produced
a special version called "noteedit-1.15.2a". Unfortunately,
it is linked with QT, KDE and (eventually) TSE3. You can get it from:

 http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

It has a "--export-lilypond" and a "--export-musixtex" option
(try "noteedit --help") Please make some attempts! Perhaps it
is already useful.(?)

You know you have to initiate a 3 pass procedure for MusiXTeX.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY ([EMAIL PROTECTED])