On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> OK, I have not yet tried KDE, or Qt. I basically do not like KDE's
> cluttered DE viewed only from various screenshots. OTOH keeping up with
> GNOME updates has pretty much soured me on that route also. So, which Qt
> (2 or 3) should I start with?

You should start with Qt2, since that's what NoteEdit requires.

If you have debian, try "apt-get task-kde", and have patience.

Also, if you use the noteedit, Joerg just made available, you don't
need to bother installing Lilypond for starters, since noteedit now
can export directly to MusicTeX.

Good luck,

Asger