Halfway there:

2001-11-20  Allan Rae  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * paragraph.C (insertFromMinibuffer): Fix for inset related crashes.
        Now need Inset*::checkInsertChar() to return true for appropriate
        cases so that the characters in the minibuffer will actually be
        inserted.

Now all we need is for someone to look through the inset hierarchy and
figure out which ones should be returning true for calls to
checkInsertChar().

As I mentioned in a previous email in the "Paragraph::Pimpl::size()"
thread text in paragraphs in a Figure float are getting told by
insetcollapsible::checkInsertChar() that text isn't allowed!
(which is why text has been disappearing -- but the presence of an
inset triggered a crash)

So since I have to go home and prepare myself for Australia's victory
over Uraguay tonight (so we will be halfway to qualifying for the
World Cup) I leave the task to fixing checkInsertChar() to someone
else and we will share the glory ;-)

Of course if you are too busy or don't like the fame I will fix it
tomorrow ;-)

Allan. (ARRae)