On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:26:19AM +0100, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> > Or maybe I did not understand your question?
>
> That's what I meant so it is possible and is no problem (recursive use of
> classes)?

If you use references or pointers only, it is surely allowed by the
language.

However, I strongly believe that any kind of "owner" backreference in the
object is really bad design. The owner parameter should be passed as
argument to every function that needs it.

And if that hurts, it justly does so. An inset should be as agnostic as
possible with regard to the place where it lives.

And yes, I know that the LyX core is full of it.

Andre'

--