On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:24:53PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
> I guess from this you are referring to the need to know which parts of
> the document are visible -- that is, which _rows_ are visible.  Do we
> need a cursor for that?

No. A "full redraw" could start searching the cursor "path" towards the
root of the inset tree (and the full document should be an inset, too,
btw.) until it find an inset that claim to cover all of the user visible
screen. This could be the big document inset, but this could be a large
figure or table cell, too. This inset is asked to redraw the region (and
this process recursively descends into contained insets etc).

And if needed, this drawing is the second stage in a two stage process,
with the first stage building caches of size information of the insets.

Andre'

--