Juergen> May I tell you that I hate that function? Well anyway I think
Juergen> I did it because I had some problems with it, but maybe I
Juergen> already solved that problems in another way, so just remove
Juergen> that code (and I cross my fingers)!

I think I fixed it in a proper way (by moving your code later in the
function).

Juergen> Well give it a better name then, you know I get confused very
Juergen> easily ;) (or maybe put a comment above the function which
Juergen> tells us this ;)

I think it is the function which makes the difference between the core
developper, who dare read and modifying it, and the rest of the crowd
:)

I'll try to add some comments. But I do not have much to say besides
``it's frightening''.