Dekel> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:14:06AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Dekel> wrote: Can we change the code in FontLoader.C so it will look
Dekel> for the symbol font only in adobe-fontspecific encoding ?
>>  This is the forst solution I though about. But this will not find
>> the microsoft symbol ttf font, which is -microsoft-symbol or
>> whatever. But maybe we don't care.
>>
>> Shall I do that in 1.2.0 and 1.1.6?

Dekel> Does this font has the same glyphs as the adobe symbol fonts?
Dekel> Even if you have this font, lyx might not use it since it
Dekel> choose the first symbol font it finds.

Yes, it looks like a drop-in replacement for adobe symbol (like arial
is a drop in replacement for helvetica).

Dekel> At least for 1.2.0, we don't need to care much since the
Dekel> preferred way is to use the latex symbol fonts.

What should be done to have these fonts avaliable under X? I do not
have them by default here.