Juergen> Really? Note that GlueLengths are only used by VSpace
Juergen> above/below, but updateWidgetsFromLengthString is used by all
Juergen> the other input field/ choice combinations, where we
Juergen> shouldn't allow GlueLengths (only LyxLengths). I think it's
Juergen> not a good idea to check this in all cases, because it's only
Juergen> valid in two cases (and doesn't blow up the code much). BTW I
Juergen> have solved this in the meantime with the following code (it
Juergen> works very well):

You are right.

Juergen> Objections?

No, it looks good.

>> Also, it would be better to use the enums for units instead of
>> strings. But I can do that later, if you want.

Juergen> Can you elaborate a bit?

I'd rather see LyXLenght::CM than "cm". But don't worry about it for
now.

Also, the repeated code for metric units should be factorized out
somewhere (although I do not know where).