On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:34:52AM +0100, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> Sorry John all are waiting for my reply but I'm just too busy! Well IMO

OK sorry :)

> could be wrong thought. Could you tell me what problems you have exactly?
> Step by step so that I can follow it and backtrace the problem?

Well, in LFUN_GOTOPARAGRAPH we have :

        Paragraph * par = owner->buffer()->getParFromID(id);
        owner->view()->text->setCursor(owner->view(), par, 0);

So from the given ID, we need to set the cursor in the par, and open
the insets etc. This you know.

Now, when you add my code, the cursor gets placed correctly (i.e. the basic
thing works), but if it's e.g. in a table float, the collapsed table float
button is not expanded either on screen or seemingly in the logic.

If I then open the inset by the mouse, things seem OK.

> > +                     it->open(bview);
>
> As much as I know open() does not exist as an inset function does it?

it toggles the collapsed status ...

> Did you mean it->edit(bview)?

I've tried this too: same result

> > +                     bview->lockInset(it);
>
> Not needed if you called edit() above! bview->lockInset(it) should only
> be called from inside an inset and then the cursor is set right and

ok

> Anyway as I told above we should find the root of the problem!

are you saying that this code shouldn't do the inset traversal ? It /has/ to
be coded somewhere, currently we have no code for placing a cursor inside an
arbitrary inset.

regards
john
--
"Hey, we could invent a programming paradigm where the program is expressed as
a series of statements to be executed in a fixed order."