> looks good to me, but I have some comments :

I'll take the easy comments into account and commit. Fine tuning can follow
then...

> 1) 1st time I ran it, I got a can't get filelist and, on the console, :
> LyX was not able to read file ''
> Can't we do rescan automatically in this case ?

mmm, I'll have a look...

> 2) can we have the combo at the /top/ of the dialog, since this chooses the
>    main content of the display and would also double as a title of the
> current contents ?

ok

> 3) If you "View" an item, and you don't have full path enabled, it doesn't
> work. You should transparently use the full path in this case.

have a look

> 4) can we please call it "TeX information" or "LaTeX information" ?

sure

> 5) no tooltips - most of the help page can be tooltips. and we should use a
> QWhatsThis for the help, but that can come later ...

I'll add some tooltips

> 6) what use is texhash when you're not running as root ?

personally I'd like to removed this option; I think it's something for the
system administrator to do, we should be confusing lyx for a texconfig tool.
But perhaps opinions differ...

> btw, the problem with no-buffer is still visible with the qt2 version, so
> that's not a frontends/xforms problem

whatdoyamean?

Thanks, Ed.