On Wednesday 30 January 2002 12:13 pm, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | +
> | +   // DEC's implementation of ostringstream has a bug which can be
> | +   // overcome with this forcing.
> | +   tcpreamble.seekp(std::ios::beg);
> |
> |     return tcpreamble.str().c_str();
>
> Oooo.... dirty...
>
> How can we avoid this?
>
> because if we use it we need it all over... and that is not
> acceptable.

I'm not saying that this is the answer, just that this appears to resolve the
problem here.

I assumed that the true problem lies in my version of std::ostringstream, but
if Kayvan experiences the same problem and it is cured in the same way, then
perhaps the problem lies elsewhere.

Anyway, it'll be intersting to get Kayvan's results with this.