Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Herbert> this is the wrong way! We should have a tabfolder which shows
> Herbert> all available options of a document class! Should be easy to
> Herbert> realize!
>
> This would certainly be a good thing, but I am not sure how easy it
> is. Some options work as couples (onecolumn/twocolumn) so you do not
> want to show all of them. Then some work as radio buttons (pick one
> out of n). So some design work will be needed.

We should distinguish between "documentclass options" and

"global options". I have no problem to accept a global draft-
option, which is different to the class option. We have also
other global options and they should be hold together.

So lets have a "Global Options" Tabfolder which has options

for lyx in general and all used stylefiles. And let's have
a submenu or tabfolder "Documentclass Options". This is from
my point of view a clear and userfriendly solution.

I will think about these "Class Options" when the graphic dialog
is really finished. But when every patch needs days before
somebody commits, it will be not before 2003 ... ;-)

Herbert

--
http://www.lyx.org/help/