Angus> What is the correct way to inform LyX that a graphics file has
Angus> been loaded into memory and is ready to display?

Angus> Currently, the file is loaded and no info is passed to LyX at
Angus> all. On the next draw event, however, the InsetGraphics
Angus> discovers that the file has been loaded and draws it. This
Angus> works well enough, except when the image is inside a table,
Angus> because the table doesn't know the new dimensions of the inset.

Angus> It strikes me that the right way to tell LyX that the file has
Angus> been loaded is to call one of the dispatch methods. I currently
Angus> store (in the graphics cache)a list of insets associated with
Angus> each image. I could easily extend this to a store of insets and
Angus> associated LyXView so that I can call: InsetGraphics *
Angus> inset_ptr = ... ; lv_.dispatch(LFUN_CHANGED_GRAPHICS_STATUS,
Angus> tostr(inset_ptr));

Angus> My problem is, what do I have to do thereafter? And would this
Angus> solve the drawing problem if the inset is inside a tabular?

I think we have had a discussion of this a few weeks ago... But of
course, I don't remember the specifics.