Andre> PS: Did I mention lately that enums are a pain in the ass when
Andre> it comes to compile dependencies?

Yes, but I think they are very handy when it come to compile-time
checks... The other solution would be for all parts of lyx which need
a debug channel to register it like
  static const DebugChannel MATH_PARSER("math-parser");
and then this channel would be registrered in some vector in the debug
code.

However, these static variable initializations can cause lots of
interesting problems (like we used to have with lyxstring).