On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 02:23:40PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
> > Why do you want it in lib/configure ?
> > You only need to create a system fonts dir when doing make install
> > (there is no point of having a user fonts dir).
>
> Edit->Reconfigure updates ~/.lyx/
>
> FWIW, I installed the TTF fonts for the seminar in my home dir so
> updating the system only is not much use as the system doesn't see
> them.

My point is that the Postscript fonts are available in any decent TeX
distribution.
However, I don't object to creating the fonts dir in lib/configure, provided
that the following are implemented:
1) If lyxsyxdir/fonts/font.dir exists and contains all the fonts, then
the script does not attempt to create ~/.lyx/fonts/
2) if lyxsyxdir/fonts/font.dir == ~/.lyx/fonts/font.dir,
the directory ~/.lyx/fonts is removed.