Juergen> On 08-Mar-2002 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>> Juergen, I see you are the one who added it like that (in July
>> 2000). Did you have a reason for it?

Juergen> Because insetfigure was displayed? I don't know. Do we have
Juergen> displayed graphics insets?

AFAIK, such a thing does not exist in latex, you should just put it in
its own paragraph. I do not know whether linuxdoc/docbook has such a
notion, though.

In fact the old figinset code had ugly work arounds for inserting the
figure in its own paragraph when one asked for it. So figinset never
had support for display == true (which one of the very few areas where
it got it right).