On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 09:29:21AM +0100, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> > PainterBase renamed Painter to fit with source usage. Painter
> > renamed as XPainter. Both moved into frontends, some cleanup (e.g.
> > pixmap() now in XPainter only)
>
> Why? PainterBase should not depend on frontends (therefore the name) and
> should not be in the frontends directory.

By the same logic, these files :

moz frontends 105 ls *.[Ch]
Alert.C  Alert_pimpl.h  Dialogs.C  FileDialog.h  Liason.C  Menubar.C
Timeout.C  Toolbar.C
Alert.h  DialogBase.h   Dialogs.h  GUIRunTime.h  Liason.h  Menubar.h
Timeout.h  Toolbar.h

don't belong in frontends/ either, since they don't depend on a specific
frontend.

It looks like this :

frontends/Painter.h
frontends/Painter.C
frontends/xforms/XPainter.h
frontends/xforms/XPainter.C

What's wrong with that ? btw, I'm curious what use PainterBase was meant
to be, considering you were passing Painter not PainterBase everywhere.

> > LyXView/XFormsView moved, some minor cleanups. Currently createWorkArea
> > is a hack, I'm not sure where it should go...
>
> Where did they move to? IMO the same as above should be valid here, I think
> the naming schemes should be unified, thought.

Just like all the others in frontends/* the GUII interface is in
frontends/ and the toolkit-specific is in xforms/

> > WorkArea became a virtual abstract class, and XWorkArea derives from it.
> > No real meaningful changes except that LyXScreen (now LScreen) became
> > owned by WorkArea. This is logical and correct IMHO.
>
> Why LScreen instead of LyXScreen? Just because it's shorter?

yes. Don't your fingers hurt typing that ?

regards
john

--
I am a complete moron for forgetting about endianness. May I be
forever marked as such.