On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 06:16:40PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> Can anybody help?

Yes, but I don't quite understand the question.

> ----- Forwarded message from ... ------
> Would you know what the Tex equivs are for the fonts in the
> Layout -> Document font drop-down?  If not is there someone
> you could ping?
>
> The helvetica san serif seems to be
> cmss10
> cmss12

No it isn't.  Helvetica is helvetica. (Postscript font copyright
adobe, or the URW version depending on your install and your printer).

I don't have a recent version of LyX in front of me, but basically,
the named fonts are all standard or common poscript (times, helvetica,
palatino, etc.), and AE is a kind of extended computer modern
character set, IIRC.

If you mean, how do you access fonts like Helvetica from Plain TeX,
the answer is that it isn't particularly easy, a google search in
comp.text.tex might find you some pointers.  Or if that *is* what the
original questioner wants, I can look it up.

If the OP wants to know how to access the fonts from LaTeX, that is an
easy usepackage which can be spotted at the top of the .tex output
from LyX.

Jules