Herbert Voss wrote:

> please try the attached patch. it works perfectly for me, but
> it looks at bit too easy ... ;-)

With this patch LyX gets indeed the boundingbox for my Grace files!

However, when I now do a "Insert->Graphics...", I get the usual
square on the canvas ("No image"), but also all of a sudden an
Alert dialog that says:

        No information for converting from   to EPS
                       [Dismiss]

After I clicked [Dismiss], the Graphics dialog pops up.

This is an incorrect behaviour.
You need to check somehow whether there's no image in the graphics
inset, before going for the bounding box.

Talking about conversions again: do you know why we have two Grace
formats listed in Preferences->Conversion->Formats?
There is an entry for "GRACE" and for "agr". What is the difference
between the two? Moreover, only "agr" is used in the "Converters".

Regards,
Rob.