Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> R> Any more ideas how to solve this tilde/circum problem ?
>
> R> It seems to occur only with the "Author Email" and "Auther URL"
> R> insets of REVTeX-4 class!
>
> In what fonts are these email and urls typeset? typewriter?

Sorry, but I myself am totally ignorant about fonts and related stuff.

Is the font selected due to my own personal settings or is that
fixed in the REVTeX-4 class file? I have no idea where to look for this!

If this is really relevant, please tell me how to find out about
what fonts I'm using and how I can fix it.

Thanks,
Rob.

PS: This problem is a little urgent, since I'm writing this paper
in REVTeX4 and want to submit soon. Yes, I know I shouldn't use the
CVS version for urgent work, but I decided this'll be my contribution
to help find bugs in 1.2.0cvs.