Juergen> On 18-Apr-2002 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>> So this is a very old file, but 1.1.6 can read it. Should I just
>> convert it, or does somebody want to investigate why it does not
>> work?

Juergen> I would say now just convert them, going over a 1.1.5 format
Juergen> to be sure! If you don't have 1.1.5 anymore I can do it if
Juergen> you want.

Yes, please do!

>> Why doesn't lyx warn that this file format revision is not well
>> supported anymore?

Juergen> Hmm I think we fixed it. And I'm pretty sure that the it_??
Juergen> file was hacked as it is a fileformat for > 1.1.4 (I cannot
Juergen> read that file with 1.1.4, but I can without errors with
Juergen> 1.1.5) and then when saved with it I can read it with 1.2.0.
Juergen> (I'll try the last 1.1.5fix2 too to be sure maybe we changed
Juergen> something in the fileformat between 1.1.5pre3 and 1.1.5fix2!

These files indeed look strange. Anyway, I am glad that the sk_ file
uncovered a conversion bug!