Herbert> Andre Poenitz wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:18:39AM +0900, R. Lahaye wrote:
>>> --------------------------- LaTeX Warning: Command
>>> \textordmasculine invalid in math mode on input line 72.
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> This is related to the degree-symbol I use in my LyX document, for
>>> example "45?". In the LaTeX export, this appears as
>>> "45\ensuremath{?}" and latex chokes on that.
>>>
>> I don't know, but I'd use \textdegree instead of \textordmasculine
>> anyway (it shows up in LyX and is the "correct" symbol)
>>
>>> Any idea what goes wrong in the export?
>>>
>> No. Maybe \textordmasculine is not defined fotr reftex,.

Herbert> \text... it's obvious that we get a warning when used in
Herbert> mathmode. $\textrm{\textordmasculine}$ gives no warning

I'll remove the ensuremath for those characters (also textordfeminine
and \textdegree, according to my latex. Eventually, I'd like to remove
all this \ensuremath special casing, but I seem to remember this
causes problems with older latex versions.