On Sunday 28 April 2002 6:15 pm, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Can be done with gcc 3.1 and glibc:

Here I get:

aleem@pneumon:aleem-> cxx -std strict_ansi -o trial trial.C
cxx: Error: trial.C, line 16: no instance of function template
          "std::use_facet" matches the argument list
            argument types are: (std::locale)
                  mssg_gl(use_facet<messages<char> >(loc_gl))
--------------------------^
cxx: Error: trial.C, line 19: too many arguments in function call
                                      localedir.c_str());
--------------------------------------^
cxx: Error: trial.C, line 66: a nonstatic member reference must be relative
          to a specific object
        ios_base::sync_with_stdio(false);
--------^
cxx: Info: 3 errors detected in the compilation of "trial.C".

I'm not sure from reading the header file whether I have
  template <class Facet> const Facet& use_facet (const locale&);
or
  template <class Facet> const Facet& use_facet (const locale&, Facet*);
Depends on some wierd preprocessor macros.

Angus