(Apologies for posting "out of thread". I had to copy the text from the
mail archive).

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:49:42AM +0800, Rod Pinna wrote:

>> could I put in a very small request that it come back? Or else may a
>> preference that would allow the user to specify that the document opens
>> with all floats closed?
>
>no idea ...
>
>what's wrong with just closing the floats if you want them closed ?

Nothing in particular. Just if I have 20 or so floats, and do a spell
check, then then are all opened. I tend to prefer to work with them all
closed. I find it much easier to concentrate on the text.

Rod
rpinna    |"Zoeggeler denies Hackl four straight luge golds"
@civil.uwa|
.edu.au   |   ABC news headline, 2002