On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 06:43:42PM +0300, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> The bug was due to a bug in lyxstring (operator <<)
> The problem was that the code did not skip the whitespace before the first
> non whitespace char.
> Attached are two possible fixes:
> The first one was copied from g++-2/std/bastring.cc
> (I don't know what side-effects is.ipfx0 has).
> The second one does the whitespace skipping manually.

My hero!!!

I have tested the first patch and it fixes the Update->DVI problem.

I just realized why this was showing up in the RPM but not
in my Cygwin builds. The RPM uses ``configure --with-included-string'', but
when I was doing my Cygwin builds, I was just doing a plain configure.

I now did the same with patch2 and it also works.

So, Lars, Angus, whoever else, please pick one of these patches
and apply to CVS.

Thanks!

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)