On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:19:13AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 00:19:13

Back to the future. Strange time zones they have down there.

> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Business relationship
>
> Desmond Tede
> First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
> Headquarters,
> Lagos, Nigeria.
>
> For the attention of: The managing director/C.E.O

Hmmm that would be you Lars ;-)

> Compliment of the day and how is life generally with you? Of course it is my humble
>wish to solicit and crave your indulgence to make this project request for a joint
>business transaction which I hope will not come to you as a surprise, hence I plead
>for your pardon.

I'm fine thank you (could have some more dough though). Hope life is treating you well
too -- not that I
doubt it. Gullibility has never been a scarce resource...

> I am Tede, the manager in the headquarters of first bank of Nig. Plc. Lagos. I have
>an urgent and confidential business proposal for you.

I was waiting for that...

[literary exercise elided]

Hmmm.... that's a REALLY good story!

> Please reply urgently through my confidential email address <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Not confidential anymore... any idea how many subscribers we have?

> I am awaiting your urgent reply
>
> Best regards
> Desmond Tede

BTW is anyone, ANYONE there in Nigeria localizing LyX to any of the many languages
there? Sometimes I
just would like to hear some good news from those parts.

This is the kind of spam that not even a whitelist with back-confirmation would likely
catch. But then,
posting 'confidential' info to a mailing list is rather hilarious...

--
Martin Vermeer  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Helsinki University of Technology