"Garst R. Reese" wrote:

> "R. Lahaye" wrote:

> Even after an Update->Postscript ?

Apparently I not making my point clear enough.
Here is what happens:

*) I have a LyX document with a Grace file

*) With the Grace graphics software, I modify the Grace file

*) The previous version is still shown on the LyX canvas and
   this old version is also used when Viewing (or Update-Viewing).
   Only closing and reopening the document, will solve the problem.

I just found out that the reason is, that LyX keeps a copy of ALL graphics
files in its temp dir, including the original Grace files. So making
modifications to the Grace files in my working directory, will never
affect the temp-copies of the Grace files by LyX.

As a first step, copies of the originals need to be updated when necessary.
This should then be followed by updating the corresponding graphics on the
LyX canvas.

Regards,
Rob.