On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:44:31PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > So if you insert an URL, you should have to separately switch on "use
> > url package" too?
>
> Would be sensible in fact because this leaves you the power to decide.

And saps the user of the power to work out why their stuff doesn't work.

A power user defining their own macros can easily diagnose the problem.
A user who doesnt't really know LaTeX will just get confused.

> is not compatible with AMS and LyX happily includes AMS - and, what's worse
> - there would be _no_ way to change this.

Herbert already has a dialog for doing this, no ?

regards
john

--
"Do you mean to tell me that "The Prince" is not the set textbook for CS1072
Professional Issues ? What on earth do you learn in that course ?"