Here's the fruits of my labours starting to port the changes I've been making
in my wrappers tree over to cvs. None of the changes here are particularly
exciting, but nonetheless, I attach four diff files for you to peruse:

* Use a consistent naming convention for the fdesign generated FD_xyz
structs. For example, form_aboutlyx.h now contains structs
FD_aboutlyx
FD_aboutlyx_version
FD_aboutlyx_credits
FD_aboutlyx_license

See file forms.diff for the changes to the form_xyz.fd files.

* No longer write the build routines for the fdesign generated FD_xyz structs
as member methods of the controlling FormXyz class. It's unnecessary and
needs patch files in addition to the sed magic to work properly. Thus, these
structs are generated by routines
FD_aboutlyx * build_aboutlyx();
FD_aboutlyx_version * build_aboutlyx_version();
FD_aboutlyx_credits * build_aboutlyx_credits();
FD_aboutlyx_license * build_aboutlyx_license();

I've cleaned up the sed scripts that generate these LyX-ready .[Ch] files
from the fdesign output. See scripts.diff for the changes. This file also
contains the changes I've made to forms/Makefile.am and forms/fdfix.sh to
generate the form_xyz.[Ch] files automatically. Ie, I'd like to remove them
from the repository.

* deleted.diff contains all those files that are now removed from the
repository.

* I've created a new file forms_fwd.h that just forward declares FL_OBJECT
etc, as I've mentioned to the list some time ago. This means that
FORMS_H_LOCATION no longer needs to be #included in any header file.
Almost... In can still be found in
FormPreferences.h  XWorkArea.h  bmtable.h  combox.h

forms_fwd.h and the associated, minor changes to configure.in and to the
files in the xforms directory resulting from all the above are to be found in
xforms.diff.

I post this so that you can see what I plan to commit, not for someone to
commit on my behalf. I haven't yet written the ChangeLogs nor dug out the
changes to the README file in xforms/forms that describes the conventions we
follow when creating new dialogs.

In fact, I won't commit until I can actually run LyX and test it all out. At
present I'm still suffering from the dump-on-start-up problem. If anybody out
there is feeling like a good Samaritan and would like to check that all is
fine, then please feel free to test. No, thought not ;-)

Have a good weekend. Looks like it's going to be hot and sunny here in London.

Best regards,
Angus