On Monday 24 June 2002 11:23 am, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> PS: Since I have you on the line: Would it be possible to separate the
> graphics loading in some low-level and some high-level part? I need just
> the "load a graphics and give me an ('owning') handle" (i.e. low-level)
> part and I do /not/ have a InsetGraphics around which seems to be needed
> for the cache part (which should then be come the 'high-level part')?

And now we're going to need such an approach for the splash screen it would
appear. Yes such a thing is possible. Yes, I'll concentrate on it.

My list of things to do:
* clean-up the graphics
* move minibuffer behind the frontends firewall (I think that that will mean
that the LyX core will then know nothing about the frontends at all)
* introduce a controller-view split to the minibuffer.
* help John with his "event-driven" rendering of the LyX screen. Now on the
back burner since he's gone on LyX-holiday ;-)
* clean up the controllers heirarchy so that more things are "has a" rather
than "is a".
* introduce a controller-view split to the remaining few dialogs derived from
FromBaseDeprecated.
* introduce my wrappers for xforms. I'll probably start with the minibuffer
here since that is what I'm currently thinking about. Certainly the current
xforms rubbish should be replaced by a combox...

As you can see, most of this can be classified as code cleanup rather than
new functionality. I'm quite happy to concentrate on the graphics stuff
rather than choose another area.

Most importantly:
do some real work.

How was the extended holiday?