On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:05:59PM +0300, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> It is not very nice to have this hardcoded in the LyX sources.

I know.

> can't you do it in external scripts, like the first implementation ?

The external scripts would have to re-create the structure used within
mathed (more or less). I just got tired of re-implemting mathed a second
and third time.

> Another idea would be to use text template files.
> For example, an extern_maple would be something like
>
> Insets
> frac  ($0)/($1)
> sqrt  sqrt($0)
> End

Have a go. But I think I'll do something like that myself some day when the
math-extern stuff has reached some critical mass that allows me to see
what is a "generic common base" and can be used as the hard-coded part, and
what is "backend specific" that could be put in such configuration files.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)