On Tuesday 02 July 2002 14:12, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Edwin> with today's cvs, clean checkout, am I the only one having
> Edwin> this?
>
> I see a lot of these on my gcc 2.96 build from mandrake 8.1. I am
> currently rebuilding with the gcc 2.96 from mandrake 8.2 to see
> whether it helps.
>
> The "tough" solution is to compile without optimization.

  I had the same problem as you do, and --disable-optimization solve it.
Here are the compilation times:
real    12m36.050s
user    11m36.050s
sys     0m57.580s

  So now I can't get anymore those 7 min, I think that we are intending to
establish some kind of Moore's Law. For every new version of LyX the compile
time will double. I propose to call it Lars' Law, what do others think? ;-)

--
José Abílio