On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:02:27AM +0100, José Abílio Oliveira Matos wrote:
> > And what if the user happend to define a macro called \underbar which is
> > better/different than the one from ulem?
>
>   Then we should put that definition above the user preamble, so that
> the user defined shades the previous definition. Or am I dreaming here?

The user still could have used a custom style.

But that's not the point. I do not want to have "clever things" without a
sane way to disable that.

So acceptable option for me are e.g.

(a) Do nothing.

(b) Have a help item on how to achieve that on lyx.org/help

(c) Have a "Use ulem.sty for underlining" checkbox in some "Advanced
document options". This even could default to "on".

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)