On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:10:18PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:

> I thought it the most hideously ugly thing I had ever seen -- just one
> more reason why I started using the 0.11.x development series.  Much
> too dark and gloomy looking.

I mean the selection colour and the greyed out below-document colour.
They're lighter than they are now.

> Ah yes those were the days.  Of course back then (6 years ago) the
> compile times were longer than you measured because the lucky ones
> were compiling on P-100s instead of PIII-800s (or better).

too true :)

> overclocked Celeron-578MHz (93MHz FSB) with 128MB takes the same
> amount of time to compile 1.2.1cvs as the PIII-464 (103MHz FSB) with
> 384MB at uni (21 minutes 30 seconds).  The dually used to be at least

Luckily I bought half a gig during the trough in RAM prices so I never
even touch swap.

> > More seriously, it's pretty amazing to see where Lars, JMarc et al have
> > managed to take it in 7 years ...
>
> Yeah that's for sure.  And if you take out two years (nearly three)
> for the abandoned lyx tree it sounds even better.

two years ? ouch :)

current lyx is worth 4 million more USD than 0.10.7 too.

regards
john

--
"It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims."
        - Aristotle