On wtorek 13 sierpień 2002 02:28 pm, John Levon wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 08:24:11PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 08:22:29PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> > > But you don't have to fiddle with dialogs to be of help with GUIi.
> >
> > But that's what is missing in the Qt port, isn't it.
>
> No. (well, yes). One thing that is still a major obstacle is a decent
> menu backend that Qt can use. Maybe not particularly exciting but the
> last 10% rarely is
>
> Another REALLY boring thing that needs doing is splitting up the math
> symbol xbm's in to per-symbol xpms so that Qt can use them sensibly
> (then we have math toolbar - ta da)

Wouldn't it be possible to do that at runtime? Load the big thing, paint
cropped parts into a pixmap, and you seem to be done. That way the (quite
reasonable) idea of panels is preserved.

I love the panels. Now I'm not a LyX developer so I'd better be quiet.  it's
just that *me* thinks they are easier to manage than gazillions of individual
icons/buttons.

Cheers, Kuba Ober