On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 04:05:30PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> we had some good ideas coming up about that revision mode

Which ones exactly? Either I have missed a mail or two, or it is still
unclear which level of support for revision mode your customer needs.

> but I have yet to get a feeling for the time it will take to implement
> it. Is anyone out here interested in programming this?  How long would
> you expect it to be?

Is the "call an external program" version fine with him? If so I think it
can be hacked together until November with a time spend on the job in the
range of a few days. I don't think there is a need for a formal contract in
this case as the LyX project happily will accept donations afterwards.

If not, you certainly have to provide more details. Would it really be
helpful if somebody produced random numbers without knowing what the job
would look like?  [And no, in this case I am not really interested
personally as I have a job right now ;-}]

> I have to tell the customer something pretty soon and as long as I
> don't get that info I cannot even try to get his order.

So what does he want?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)