On Monday 19 August 2002 1:10 pm, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> The really great benefit of named sockets/local sockets is that they
> allow multiple clients. With named pipes you can only have one client
> at a time.

That's not strictly true. The LyXServer can have many clients so long as they
supply it with different clientnames. It then communicates with them by
outputting
to lyxpipe.out.

However, I take your point if you're saying that (were we to use sockets) the
client would not have to parse this message to ascertain whether it was the
intended recipient.

Angus