Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Wednesday 04 September 2002 6:29 pm, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| > I belive that we have done ourselves a bad favour by use the
| >
| > "Copyright XXXX The LyX Team."
| >
| > As there is no real entity with this name.
| >
| > I would suggest that from now on, that everybody that does some
| > substantial¹ work on a file, also add themselves to the copyright
| > clause in the same file. (and we should move all files to "new style"
| > headings.)
| >
| > ¹ a tiny bit more than obvious and trivial stuff
|
| I believe we haven't adone ourselves any harm because saying "copyright" in a
| file is not defined as necessary by law.

Yes, this is true in most (or perhaps just several)  countries.

| All that is important is that the
| authorship is apparent. So our lines
|       \author Lars Gullik Bjønnes
|       \author Angus Leeming
| are sufficient statements of copyright.

Yes, but that information is missing now, so WE do not really know.

For the sake of copyright per se, you do not even have to add your
name as author to have full legal support for your copyright.

| We do have legal gurus out there however. Perhaps they'll chime in.

I guess that from a Copyright pow, the problem with "The LyX Team"
kindo impllies that we have transfered the copyright to that entity.
(which is non-existing)

--
        Lgb